What to avoid bringing to Mexico – Prohibited Items
When driving to Mexico, there are many items that are OK to bring with you. In some cases, however, having certain items in your possession as you try to cross the border will get your fined, or even thrown in jail.
Before we get into those details, we stress again that you make sure to purchase your Mexican auto insurance before entering Mexico. Your car must be insured. The easiest way to acquire your Mexican insurance is to purchase your policy online before you leave on your trip to Mexico. Get a quote and purchase policy
Guns and drugs mean jail time
Bringing guns into Mexico is a bad idea, period. Even a lone bullet rolling around in your trunk can get you thrown in jail . So if you have ever had any firearms, ammunition or associated paraphernalia in your vehicle, check it thoroughly for any remnants and remove them before going to Mexico. You do not want to play with this one. Read more about Mexico laws.
Hunting is the only exception to the firearms prohibition, but there is a very specific hunting permit process that you must follow in order to bring firearms into Mexico. Follow it to the letter.
Also, any remnants of marijuana or other illicit drugs are strictly prohibited and will get you thrown in jail. Note that there is no such thing as “medical marijuana” in Mexico. Mexican officials do not care about your glaucoma, anxiety or other medical condition and will not recognize your medical marijuana card, period. If you are found bringing marijuana in any form into Mexico, you will go to jail.
Items prohibited in Mexico
Do not bring the following prohibited items with you when driving into Mexico:
- Firearms, except for hunting purposes, with the appropriate permits
Animals and Animal Products
- NOTE: Pets are allowed, but you must follow specific rules and procedures for bringing pets into to Mexico. Read more about bringing pets to Mexico.
- Live predatory fish in their fingerling, juvenile, and adult stage
- Frozen Totoaba (Fish)
- Totoaba, fresh or refrigerated (Fish)
- Turtle eggs of any kind
- Turtle or Green Turtle skins
Drugs & Chemicals
- Thallium Sulfate
- Insecticide (Isodrin, Aldrin, Heptachloro, Drinox, Endrin, Mendrino, Nendrin, Hexadrin, or Leptofos)
- Imide of N-phtalilglutamic acid (Thalidomide)
- Heroin, base, or Diacetylmorphine hydrochloride
- Poppy seed flour (Opium Poppy)
- Poppy seeds (Opium Poppy)
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica) seeds and spores, even when mixed with other seeds
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Medicinal preparations based on marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Extracts and juices derived from marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Mucilages and thickeners derived from marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Opium juices and extracts prepared for smoking
- Medicinal preparations based on acetylmorphine, its salts or derivatives
- Stamps printed in colors or in black and white, presented for sale in envelopes or packets, even when they include chewing gum, candy, or any other type of articles, containing drawings, figures, or illustrations that portray childhood in a denigrating or ridiculous manner, in attitudes which incite violence, self-destruction, or any other type of anti-social behaior, known as “Garbage Pail Kids”, for example, printed by any company or commercial denomination. (No, we are not making this up.)
Adventure Mexican Insurance Services works with over 3,000 insurance agents throughout the US. We are a fully licensed Surplus Lines Broker in most states, and we work as an MGA to provide insurance agents with opportunities to sell our products.
We accept the following credit or debit cards
Payments by Money Order and Check can also be arranged by calling our office 800.485.4075
& Causes We Support
Passports Required for Land Travel to Mexico
As of June 1, 2009, the US Border Officials are requiring Passports or Pass Cards to cross the border back into the US.
Adventure Mexican Insurance Services
PO Box 1469
Soquel, CA 95073
CA Surplus Lines Broker # OD44414
CA Surplus Lines Broker # OD44414
Copyright © 2001–2022
Adventure Mexican Insurance Services, Inc.
Marijuana seeds american express
Northern Light Blue (DS24) is the result of crossing our own special Northern Light mother with an original clone of DJ Short’s authentic Blueberry. It gives us a strain with exceptional qualities, fine-tuning two of the world’s most famous indicas. It has very dense foliage and compact growth. But don’t be fooled as this is a plant that can reach a considerable size indoors and outdoors and grow taller than plants with more sativa in their genes.
Well suited to any type of grow method or system, it’s resistant to pruning and thrives in SCROG or SOG systems. It produces thick secondary branches that are strong enough to support its large flowers. The buds give off a very intense and pleasant aroma. The fragrance is sweet and slightly acidic like strawberry or forest fruits. The taste is also intense and slightly bittersweet like cherry or even grapes but with hints of incense and pine.
A complex taste that reveals new layers with each toke. Needless to say, the taste is enhanced when vapourised. The effect is markedly relaxing though not at all narcotic, making it ideal for undertaking all kinds of mental or physical activity. It might be said that this is a strain without side effects.
3º premio extracciones – copa thc Valencia 2011
2º Premio Catas Populares Outdoor – Canarias Secret Cup 2015 (Mandita Dulzuria)
2º Premio Extraccion con Solvente – I Copa de Resinas Latinas – Argentina 2017
1st Prize BHO – Four Twenty Cup – Michigan 2018 (Grimey Gardens – MI)
1er Premio – Extracción con Solvente – Copa Valparannabis – Chile 2018 (IgnacioAlvarez)