How to find certified cannabis seeds?
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU WANT CERTIFIED CANNABIS SEEDS
Cannabis seeds require special certifications to prove that they are free of pesticides, heavy metals and other substances harmful to humans.
PSYCHO XXL AUTOMIX
They can be used for collection purposes (such as BSF seeds), as well as in the food and pharmaceutical industries, and much more.
You should also be aware that the only marijuana seeds that can be grown in Europe are listed in the European register and that each producer of these seeds must complete the necessary certifications to continue trading.
In this article, we want to explain how to obtain certification for hemp seeds in Italy (the country of origin of SensorySeeds), which are the only ones from which you can legally grow hemp and produce additional (certified) seeds.
Are you ready? Then let’s get started!
Certification of hemp seeds in Italy
In Italy, for the trade of CBD hemp seeds (the only ones that can be produced in our country), it is first necessary to grow legal hemp from the seeds listed in the European Register. Among the varieties of CBD seeds allowed in Italy: Carmagnola, Finola, Futura 75 and others are the most well known.
After starting to multiply the plants and receiving new seeds, farmers must obtain the official EU-OECD certification of seed products by the CREA – Defence and Certification Center for the trade of products.
In particular, the Inspectorate for Quality Protection and Fraud Prevention in Agricultural and Food Products deals with variety registration and control of seed certification.
The inspection authority carries out controls and seed sampling at :
- Seeds selection companies
Obtaining Community certification for CBD cannabis seeds, which allows trade in Italy and abroad, consists of several steps that we will list in the next paragraph.
How are hemp seeds certified? Here are all the steps.
To be marketed, a large number of seeds must be certified, i.e. registered in the national and Community catalogue of varieties.
In Italy, the road to obtaining legally certified hemp seed is overcoming :
- Field inspections
- Laboratory test
- Checks carried out by seed companies during the seed processing phase
Products that pass these phases receive official labels and can even register new seed varieties in the national register.
After passing the examination, inspection and control, the following documents are issued:
- Seed and seed authorisation
- Authorisation to use passport/registration in the OR for importers
- Issue of seed authorisation
- Liberalisation of import liberalisation
- Export certification
The cannabis seeds marketed by SensorySeeds in Europe are organic, free of heavy metals, pesticides and other harmful substances. They must also comply with the THC limits (2.0 mg/kg) set for foodstuffs.
Cannabis seeds must, as edible products, meet certain conditions to be marketed. CREA inspectors are therefore responsible for checking that manufacturers and distributors comply with these provisions.
For what purposes can legal cannabis seeds be manufactured and traded?
In Italy, Law 242/2016 is the law that regulates the production, processing and trade of CBD marijuana seeds. This law stipulates that hemp crops can be grown for producing :
- Food. For example, CBD cannabis seeds are rich in substances useful for humans, including vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, while hemp seeds are an excellent feed for animals for zootechnical use. The seeds can also be used to produce hemp oil, flour and other processed products, as long as they comply with the limit of 2.0 mg THC per kg.
- Hemp-based cosmetic products are becoming increasingly popular due to their maintenance and antioxidant properties.
- Semi-finished products such as fibres, hemp, powders, wood shavings, oils or fuels, intended for industry and crafts in various sectors.
- Materials intended for organic fertilisation.
- Organic compounds for organic work or products useful for ecological construction.
- Phyto-purification materials for the rehabilitation of polluted sites.
- Plants for teaching, demonstration and research in public or private institutions.
- Plants for horticulture.
In short, how can cannabis be grown legally?
To grow cannabis, you must first buy and plant hemp seeds registered in the European register and keep the labels and invoices for at least 1 year.
If you want to market seeds or other products, you must also obtain official certification from CREA-DC for EU-OECD seed products.
Is it legal to grow CBD? Absolutely yes, but only in full compliance with the provisions of Law 242/2016.
Did you know that in other countries, such as some US states, it is possible to produce THC cannabis seeds? The bestsellers are auto-flower seeds, feminised seeds and fast flowering seeds.
In The UK, they can be bought for the collection and not planted (the risk is an administrative or penal sanction as the case may be). You can continue to buy them legally in online marijuana seed shops.
Buy now the best cannabis seeds from Sensory Seeds – we are waiting for you!
A hemp cultivation licensee in Florida may use only the following kinds of hemp seed and cultivars:
- Seed and cultivars certified by a certifying agency as defined in Section 578.011(8), Florida Statutes. Certified seed will be labeled with a seal stating the name of the certifying agency and a certification number.
- Seed and cultivars approved by a university or institution conducting an Industrial Hemp Pilot Project. Labels will bear the statement “Pilot Project Hemp Seed” and identify the university or institution that granted approval.
Growers may not plant seed, clones or cuttings from their own hemp crop. Progeny of a certified hemp seed or pilot project hemp seed is not automatically certified/approved.
- View a list of pilot project approved seed and clones [ 18.6 kB ] .
- View a list of licensed seed dealers in Florida [ 293.5 kB ] .
Requirements for Selling Hemp Seed in Florida
Before selling hemp seed in Florida, you must register with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) as a Seed Dealer. To apply for a Seed Dealer License, use our Seed Dealer Licensing and Regulatory Website.
Requirements for Selling Hemp Clones in Florida
Before selling hemp clones in Florida, you must register with FDACS as a nursery or stock dealer. Visit our Nursery and Stock Dealer Registration page to learn more.
Hemp Pilot Projects
In March 2019, the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) started planting over 46 varieties of industrial hemp at four locations throughout the state. Learn more about the UF/IFAS Industrial Hemp Pilot Project.
In August 2019, Florida A&M University planted 30 acres of industrial hemp on a repurposed citrus grove in Bartow, Florida. Learn more about the FAMU Industrial Hemp Pilot Project.
Cannabis Professional Certificate Program — FGCU
The Florida Gulf Coast University Cannabis Professional Online Certificate Program is an intensive four-week workshop designed to meet the needs of those who want to increase their understanding of cannabis and its effects, the cannabis industry, and the environment in which the industry operates. Learn more about the program.